James Alexander, CPA, CFP®
Mr. Alexander is the Director of the Private Wealth Management Division of the CPA firm Cunningham Powell Alexander, A.C. in Morgantown, W.V. He is one of few Certified Financial Planner® practitioners actively practicing in the Morgantown area on a fee basis.
His office strives to meet the needs of the relationships of the families entrusted to him with care and devotion and a genuine friendship.
In the best of times, we will celebrate life, and in the worst of times, we will actually pray together.
Check out this broker on FINRA's BrokerCheck.
- Personal financial planning and institutional asset management since 2001
- Currently visiting lecturer on Fundamentals of Estate Planning, WVU College of Business and Economics, Finance Department
- Bank Executive VP/Controller from 1985 to 2000
- Public accounting from 1980 to 1985
- Certified Public Accountant
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, West Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Board of Directors, North Central WV Estate Planning Council
- CFP® Practitioner, Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards
- Licensed securities representative
- Licensed insurance representative
- Former elder of the Presbyterian Church in America and the Orthodox Presbyterian Church.
- Bible study leader, follower of Christ, discipled through WVU Navigator ministry
- President of Morgantown Kiwanis Foundation
- Board member of Friendship Manor, a senior citizens residential community
- Co-founder of the Buckskin Adult Soccer League
- Active USSF Soccer Referee
- Honorary Board member of Morgantown United Soccer Club
- Kicking the soccer ball around with the older guys on summer evenings
- Playing my guitar for my wife with her most lovely voice