James Alexander, CPA, CFP
Mr. Alexander is the Director of the Family Office Division of the CPA firm Cunningham Powell Alexander, A.C. in Morgantown, W.V. He is one of few Certified Financial Planner® practitioners actively practicing in the Morgantown area on a fee basis.
His office strives to meet the needs of the relationships of the families entrusted to him with care and devotion and a genuine friendship.
In the best of times, we will celebrate life, and in the worst of times, we will actually pray together.
Check out this broker on FINRA's BrokerCheck.
- Personal financial planning and institutional asset management since 2001
- Currently visiting lecturer on Fundamentals of Estate Planning, WVU College of Business and Economics, Finance Department
- Bank Executive VP/Controller from 1985 to 2000
- Public accounting from 1980 to 1985
- Certified Public Accountant
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, West Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Board of Directors, North Central WV Estate Planning Council
- CFP® Practitioner, Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards
- Licensed securities representative
- Licensed insurance representative
- Former elder of the Presbyterian Church in America and the Orthodox Presbyterian Church.
- Bible study leader, follower of Christ, discipled through WVU Navigator ministry
- President of Morgantown Kiwanis Foundation
- Board member of Friendship Manor, a senior citizens residential community
- Co-founder of the Buckskin Adult Soccer League
- Active USSF Soccer Referee
- Honorary Board member of Morgantown United Soccer Club
- Kicking the soccer ball around with the older guys on summer evenings
- Playing my guitar for my wife with her most lovely voice